Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Still grooming... in the middle of a hair storm... lol...


I am still grooming Poms as fast as I can. Hair flying everywhere. I started doing something I said I would never do. I started doing summer cuts on the hairballs. Makes me laugh when I look at them prancing around in their summer cuts. They look so happy it just makes me giggle. I want to get some photos of their new hairdos taken and posted. These dogs are just too funny.
Their undercoats are so heavy that they are walking around in the equivalent of a heavy down filled coat in 100 degree temps.
Happily some are blowing their coats of by themselves, so those will only need a basic brush-up, deworm and toe nail trim… I’ll probably do a bit of a hair trim too… that’s what I have been doing.
I'm throwing up some larger yards. Not the 1/2 acre to 1 acre running yards that I wanted. They will have to come later. but some larger yards that have shade trees either around them or in them. I am also separating my girls from the guys after this breeding cycle. Giving everyone a break.
There is a group of young males that is going into the vet for neuter as well. Beautiful fellows... or should I say handsome... At any rate part of them will be my stud dogs companions and part will go into pet homes. Gorgeous guys. Wow. I know that sounds like an advertisement. I suppose it could be, but in truth they are a pleasure to look at. I would love to put some into agility. That would be a blast. Maybe after I get things caught up more.
The past few years of illness has put me so far behind where I had wanted to be at this point that it's a bit frustrating. I am concentrating on working with my kennels and online projects till I have things caught up and in a much more organized state.
I am looking forward to starting on the ... guess you could call them cabins. The plan is to have temp controlled vent fans and solar heat. I imagine the designs will change a bit as I progress with them. It seems like my mind has run through hundreds of designs at this point.. it just keeps working on it while I'm doing other things. Tweaking things...
Peanut is sound asleep on his back in my shredder tub... the shredder tub is a 22 gallon Rubbermaid tub my shredded paper drops into. it's full of shreds and he is taking advantage of it. too cute.. of course my camera is in the whelping house.
hairballs are calling...
Later...
Life is a journey... Mary E. Robbins & the Hairballs

No comments: